Monday, April 6, 2009

All Are Equal.. Rose

This is reprinted from the notes of Rose Cee - I found that just saiyng it at the title did not make it amply clear.. what if Rose my best friend has to sue me.. ( smiling!)

When I was in elementary school I was taking a camping trip with my school mates to participate in County Contest from dance, to recital, to field events, et all. And on the way there all children had to be collected from assigned collection spots and when we got picked up we then had to give the teacher in charged the expenses for the trip. One of my classmate, whom at that time I did not know well (we became good friends after), was the last to be picked up. She was a little late so we got off the bus. When she came and the teacher in chraged asked her for the trip expenses, my classmate just went all quiet and said, "I didn't realise we had to pay", all bewildered and embarrassed. Some of the kids started laughing, some started sniggering, and the teacher started shouting!! She, the teacher, was about to slap my classmate when I turned to her and in rage screamed, "DON'T!!". I have very expressive eyes ( ;-) ) and the teacher must have seen the disgust showing there. With all the might I could master at that age, I indignantly asked her how much was the trip, (my money for the trip was all wrapped up by my grandmama and so I didn't know), and when she told me, I just gave her the money, took my classmate by the hand and usher her into the bus. Gave a, "Don't you dare!" look to the teacher responsible for my classmate's humiliation. And gave a look of, "Not one of you say a word!!" to all the other teachers and pupils.


That was one of a few incidents in my life that taught me a lesson!!


I learnt the value of "equality" and "compassion" between human beings for myself without being taught or told. Had I been that student, my teacher would not have dared spoken to me that way. My family was in good standing with all the teachers at my school. The family had respect from all of them because we were of their equal if not better stature and position in life and we were proactive in supporting whatever was going on in the community. I knew this classmate was not in this position. She came from a rather unfortunate background. Hence, the teachers lack of respect and repulsive behaviour towards her.


I see everyone as my equal. I do not believe in discrimination of race, colour, class, or creed. Rich or poor, literate or illiterate. All are borne from Almigty God who loves all. For all those that has arrogance in believing they are better than others are deluding themselves!! If God accepts and loves all, then you, who are you to judge?? Foolish man/woman!! Your life can be taken by Almighty God himself, anytime He chooses! Is your arrogance going to save you then??


I love all. I respect all. And if I am in a position I help all. Without exception...I have no desire to earn money at all cost. I have no need for it other than the fact that I need it out of necessity. I see the arrogance and the looking down upon others by some who has plenty of it. In the modern World and in the modern society, I see people's desire for materialism so out of control. Materialism that needs to be funded. Hence the thriving and desiring to earn at all cost.


I simplify my life as much as I can. I see money as a means to an end...My happiness lies in simple things. Simplicity is beauty...

No comments:

Post a Comment