Thursday, April 2, 2009

GISELE BARBOSA - FRIENDS


Many Happy Returns of the Day for April 4 - Abhaya
Dear Amitabh
How are you!

(Oh! that is not me addressing you thus, this is how my dearest friend Gisele Barbosa would address you! I share a forward from her and that yes it is quite relevant to the story of the day, I chose to forward it for you and others to spend some time! I think it is quite worth it!)

Gisele Barbosa, My American author friend celebrates her 49th birthday on April 4 and that she shares it with the independence of the country of her origin - Senegal ( to be exact!). I take this opportunity to wish her the best of success in some of her dreams and yes, atleast few of her dreams are quite worthy that we should pray that they get fulfilled- She always wants to be of some help to those in need - no, no, not necessarily me, I do not need her help, anyway and I am a friend!

I wish she achieves success with her books and more with her philanthropic work in this world! God bless you Gisele - He (God) said he would not mind granting one of the wishes to her- without a second thought I asked him to grant philanthropic powers to be able to help the needy.. I hope I did not make a mistake..

Now brother, if I do not tell you that Gisele is a bigger admirer of you as an actor – of your achievements - that she knows you far more better than I do- you should be prepared to accept my statements to be true! She told me of some movie Ham Kaun Hain.. as your movie. I chided her that there is no such movie by that name where Amitabh has acted.. she was adamant that there is.. and later I found there indeed a movie by that name that was probably a Bengali movie dubbed into Hindi or the other way round..

In a nutshell you are far too important to her.. I remember she did not like when I put one of your recent (now i know from JM ) photo on her website.. She immediately contacted me to remove such an old looking Amitabh from her site.. Gisele, everyone catches up with age.. yet she did make me remove it.. She did not like to put you in that frame..

So much for Gisele and so little for my today's agony.. thrice I put my comments over here and thrice they are rejected.. finally I put them at abhayaamitabh.blogsopt.com

and these comments over here should find a place on abhayafriends.blogspot.com ..

Here is the piece that I wanted to include from Gisele –

The Garbage Truck


One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport. We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us. My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, he was really friendly. So I asked, 'Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!'

This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call, 'The Law of the Garbage Truck.'

He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they'll dump it on you. Don't take it personally. Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don't take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets. The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day. Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so...

Love the people who treat you right.
Pray for the ones who don't.
Life is ten percent what you make it
And ninety percent how you take it!
Have a blessed, garbage-free day!

(Contributed on behalf of Gisele G Barbosa author of 'The Power of Fate')

Abhaya India April 2 2009 4:14 PM IST

1 comment:

  1. Good Evening, my friend

    How are you? I am sorry, but I just found out about this blog. Thanks again for the wishes and comments.

    God Bless you!

    Gisele

    ReplyDelete